Key safety and efficacy advantages include:
- Increased drug in tumor due to local injection, enabled by hyaluronan conjugation.
- Increased uptake by cancer cells because cancer CD44 binds hyaluronan.
- Increased drug into local lymph nodes due to normal lymphatic hyaluronan clearance
- Increased drug into local lymph nodes due to drug size in the 20-50 nm lymph node “sweet spot”
- Reduced toxicity due to lower overall dose enabled by high tumor penetration
- Reduced toxicity due to lower peak blood level at any given dose.